The Christmas shopping frenzy is undoubtedly one of the low points in anyone's festive calender- pushing, shoving, fighting for the last, over-priced thing on the shelf, it kind of reminds us of trying to get one of the Festival bottlings at this years Feis Ile.
But fear not...help is at hand. If you were considering buying your loved one a tasty Scottish tipple for their stocking we've been perusing the December bargains at the various supermarkets and booze emporiums, so you don't have to!
Here is a round up of the offers we encountered on a recent shopping trip, with helpful links to their online shops:
Asda, while stocks last:
- Glenmorangie Original- £19.50
- Highland Park 12 year old- £20.50
- Ardbeg 10 year old- £22
- Glenfiddich 12 year old - £20
- Lagavulin 16 year old- £33.99
- Laphroaig 10 year old - £19.99
- Talisker 15 year old Distillers Edition - £34
Also special mention to the Talisker- an amazing price of £34, for this Distillers Edition, matured in bourbon oak then transferred to amoroso sherry casks to finish its maturation. Easily the cheapest we've seen it and another great way to enjoy a Tali'...
- Dalwhinnie 15 year old- £22.99
- Glenfiddich 18 year old - £30.99
- Glenlivet 12 year old - £19.99
With so much to choose from, it's hard not to go mad and buy all your friends quality spirits from The Whisky Exchange. We think the following represent their best Christmas buys:
- 'Single Malts Of Scotland' Aultmore 1992 15 year old - £29.25 + a free tasting glass!
- Glenfarclas 15 year old -£ 36.49 + 2 GF tasting glasses
- Glenlivet Nadurra - £37.49
- Laphroaig Quarter Cask £21.99
- Caol Ila Cask Strength (distillery bottling) £31.99
- Benromach Traditional - £18.99
- Auchentoshan 3 Wood - £36.99 (buy 2 and save £10)
- Aberlour a'Bunadh - £35.99 (buy 2 and save £10)
- Clynelish 14 year old - £27.99 (buy 2 and save £10)
So there you have it- may all your Christmas dreams come true... if they don't... well at least you got some cracking whiskies for peanuts.